When we are young we live to please other people. When we are in middle
age we get tired of trying to please others and get miffed at them for
making us worry about it. When we are older and wiser we realize that
most of the time; others were not thinking about us at all! When our
identity is wrapped up in other people's acceptance, we set ourselves up
for approval addiction. Our sense of self and worth is always on the
line. That's not how God wants us to live! No one's approval can affect
us, unless we grant it credibility and status! The same holds true for
their disapproval! That's why Paul writes, '...am I trying to please
people? If I were still pleasing people, I would not be a servant of
Christ' Galatians 1:10
HA! so guilty of this.....always wanting to please people....forgetting am answerable to GOD ALMIGHTY ONLY....i will continue to pray for HIS GRACE upon my life....Amen. Thanks for being one of my friends.
ReplyDeleteI know! I used to have a problem with this too..you are right, we always need to remember that the only one we are answerable to is God. You're welcome..my pleasure :) Thanks for stopping by as well
ReplyDeleteWow so true! I thank God that I got out of the "pleasing phase" after been hurt n disappointed so many times...I've learned my lesson!!!
ReplyDeleteBless you for this PSA. Much needed! now i need it imprinted on my brain....I am coming out of my pleasing others closet...
ReplyDeleteVery welcome :) How are you? It's been a bit!
ReplyDeletei know, am moving forward with the Lord..He is so amazing and generous
ReplyDeleteThis is word...and I really like your concept of the Psalm for today...
ReplyDeleteThanks Rita and thanks for stopping by :)
ReplyDeleteamen to that.sometimes its so easy to forget who our lives are supposed to be for.thanks.
ReplyDeleteIt is very easy to forget..You are very welcome! Sorry I'm responding late :p Thanks for stopping by!
ReplyDelete