Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Testimony!!!

Here’s my testimony…

There is this program I’ve always wanted attend, called the Clinton Global Initiative, (click to read more about it). I’m so passionate about global health, and this program will give me the privilege to carry out a project in a country of my choice and an opportunity to network with different groups of young leaders around the world.

In order to be a part of this event and to be a member, you had to fill out an extensive application online and commit to work on a pressing challenge on a campus, community or in a different part of the world.  I applied to be part of this program in 2009 but wasn’t accepted, plus my application was submitted the day before the deadline because I heard about it late. So my chances of getting accepted was slim .

So I decided to apply this year. The early decision deadline was in November, 2010 and my goal was to turn it in early in order to have a better chance of getting accepted. However, I got so caught up in school work, and different projects so I was unable to complete it early to meet the first deadline, which also disqualified me from receiving any kind of stipend for travel or for lodging.  I figured that since I turned it in late(January to be exact), I'll just raise the money for travel and lodging some other way. I was just praying I got accepted.

3 weeks later,  I received an email with the subject stating you’ve been selected to attend…. I was overjoyed!!! I began to thank God. After 5 minutes I went on and opened the email, and it said…

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to attend the 2011 CGI University (CGI U) meeting at the University of California, San Diego, from April 1st – 3rd, 2011.In addition, you have been selected to receive travel assistance. Once you confirm your attendance, you will be contacted by a member of our staff who will provide further information about the type of assistance you were awarded”

I definitely wasn’t expecting any travel assistance because I applied way after the deadline! However, God had other plans!! I was just blown away, because I know only God could’ve made that possible! The email didn’t specify what kind of award it would be, so I just started searching for flights and for hotels.  By the time I started this process, all the hotels were booked, and  was even going to cost me at least $119 per night anyway. So I just kept searching and waiting till they got back to me about my award. I received another email last week…

You have been offered Lodging Assistance. This means CGI U will be providing you with a complimentary shared hotel room at the Sheraton for the two nights of the meeting (April 1st and 2nd).”

YAAAAYY!! ISN’T GOD JUST AWESOME?!? This just shows that God cares about every little thing that happens to us. At times, it may seem as if things are going contrary to what we expect, but let me tell you God is ever present!! The Bible says in Matthew 6:26  “Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are?” New Living Translation

Of course there are moments when I’m so worried if things are ever going to get better, but I know that as long as my God liveth, I’ve got nothing to worry about! So yes I will be in Cali in April!!! woot woot!!!!!

 

I was tagged as a stylish and versatile blogger by Tendayi! I will be completing the requirements before the end of the week..be on the lookout!

 

**Please say a prayer for my dear friend who lost her father this past weekend…so sad :(

9 comments:

  1. God is good. Congrats, I pray you get better out of the program than you expect, IJN.

    I'd put ur friend in my prayers, she's be well IJN.

    Have fun at the conference, sweetie.
    exesANDohs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!! Thanks a lot H! I sure will :) Hope you are good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWWWWWWWWWW.....CONGRATS HUN!!!

    I'm so happy for you!!! God is soooo good and faithful...wow talk about a triple testimony in one! Thank God oooo...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats lol. Isn't God just awesome. You are so lucky : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you my darl. Testimonies like this are so encouraging. Looking forward to your 7 things. God is so good. What he has joined together (i.e. plan) no man or delay in applying can put asunder :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations dear on getting accepted! It was lovely to read how God has done such an amazing thing in your life...hope you enjoy!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. @BSNC Thanks :) God is awesome..in soo many ways!! Thanks for stopping by.

    @You are welcome! I'm still yet to post my 7 things :p

    @GG Thanks a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete