Saturday, May 22, 2010

The case of the missing phone…other randomish ramblings…

                                        att-pantech-link-cell-phone-6

The case of the missing phone: So as I mentioned in the previous post about my cell phone, I finally ordered for another phone and now that phone is missing. I promise I didn’t lose it..it wasn’t me! I ordered the phone a week earlier, and it was free for me because I was due for an upgrade! I was ecstatic! However, a week later the phone never came, so I called the phone company and they told me the phone had been delivered to the post office in my town the day before I called, so instead of waiting for the post office to deliver it to my place, I went straight to the post office with the tracking number. When I got there, the manager told me “oh it was delivered to your place already”. I dashed home, hoping to meet my phone at home, but alas the phone wasn’t there! Could you imagine how angry I was?! Now, there’s another post office right next to me. See, where I live is called a village, and it’s right next to a town, why both the town and the village isn’t the same…I don’t know. (they’re both ridiculously close to each other) The mail goes to the town post office first, then it’s delivered to the village. Anyway I went straight to the village post office and gave the guy my tracking number and he told me the package had already been delivered to my apartment. I told him it was impossible because I was just in my apartment and there was no package, and no note in the mail explaining where my package was. I was furious! Then he asked me to check back in the town post office because their mail comes from there. I drove all the way back to the post office again, spoke with the manager who then began a search for the missing phone…At this point, I was just done! Plus I had to leave, so the manager said he’d call me when he finds it. Now the theory that the village post office came up with was that the mailman must’ve dropped the package and someone picked it up..meaning someone stole it!!! Of course if he dropped it on the floor, someone would steal it! I live in a building that has five other apartments and close to the street!! so of course someone stole it!!! But I refused to believe it!! So I kept calling the manager and he kept looking for some phone that someone obviously picked up already. After 2 days of me calling and bothering him, he came to the realization that his mailman must’ve dropped it on the floor..duh?!?! but the mailman didn’t tell the manager the truth, he told the manager that he never received any package for my apartment! At this point I was just beyond furious!!! I’m just hoping my phone company won’t say that I have to now pay for a phone..Up to this point, the manager is still looking for a missing phone…He can keep looking oo, meanwhile, I’ll call my phone company and see what can be done…fingers crossed! This post has been so long, I’ll just save the other randomish stuff for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment