Hi guys!! Hope everyone’s weekend went well?! Mine was super busy and was a roller coaster of emotions..I got a chance to attend the RCCGNA young adults/single conference that was held in NJ and it was great!! There were awesome speakers who spoke on the topic “Unlocking your potentials”. I took a lot of notes, and would like to share some with you guys in another post.
So this weekend I went home to visit my parents who also live in NJ. I haven’t seen my family since last month, so i was grateful for that opportunity. Remember my friend that gave birth on the last post? Well this weekend was her naming ceremony as well and I had to be there and I knew my ex was going to be there too. I just knew how awkward it was going to be since everyone there knew us together, and I didn’t know how to handle things. So I called him prior to the event that we should meet up and try to talk before the event started, just to make sure things weren’t too awkward. The conversation was painful, just because I’m still in shock that things are the way they are. So we went back to the event and we sat at the same table with friends, and I couldn’t hold myself. I lost it! Like I seriously was almost crying at the table. At that point, I just had to tell my friend that I was leaving early. I felt really bad though cos I wanted to help her clean up afterwards. He got up and walked me to the car when I was leaving..there was nothing to talk about at that point. So I just drove off.
On my drive home, I started thinking about everything.. the relationship and all I’d been through and I didn’t know when I burst out crying. I cried for about 20 minutes. I had been holding it in all along and never really let go. I cried everything out of my system,and afterwards felt a bit better…I’m still learning to take it one day at a time and trying not to rush the healing process..
Even though things don’t always seem to work out the way we want, one thing I’ve learned about life is that there is always something to be grateful for. Just last week at work, there is this family that I’ve been trying to contact, but never received a call back from them. I was getting quite frustrated. Then I called the daughter, and from the sound of her voice it sounded like she had been crying. She later told me that her dad just had an heart attack and was just taken in to surgery. I felt horrible! There I was calling them to harass them, but they had just experienced a great devastation. We don’t always know what tomorrow holds for us, so I believe we should always live our lives with no regrets. Make a bucket list of everything you’ve always wanted to do and do them! Try something new everyday! Live your life to the fullest! and most of all celebrate YOU!
So by now you can tell that the title of the post didn’t really have much to do with the entry. I just felt like choosing that title :)
I have soooo much to write about, but I’ll save it for the next post.. Until next time!
Aww....I'm so sorry! That must have been tough being in the same room with your ex! Happy u let it all out tho when u cried....1 day at a time luv...1 day at a time!
ReplyDeleteThanks Blessing!Yea..it was really tough but with God's grace will be taking it one day at a time. Hope all is well?!
ReplyDeleteHow are you feeling now? Hopt you're cool?
ReplyDeleteJust be good. Things don't always come out as we expect everytime bt if we stay true. The results will even surpass we wt'd envisaged
ReplyDelete@ Myne: Thanks, I'm doing better actually, it's not been easy..but it is well! Thanks for stopping by ;)
ReplyDelete@TheFish:Thanks for your encouraging words. Really appreciated, and thanks for stopping by :)